Give Yourself a Scalp Facial
Just like your regular facial, a scalp facial is equally vital, extremely relaxing and is gaining popularity. The appearance and health of your hair is greatly influenced by the condition of your scalp. So, it is important to give your scalp a lot of love, care and attention.
When do you need it?
A scalp facial can help revive and rejuvenate dull, dry and lifeless hair, at the same time pamper your scalp. Healthy scalp promotes healthy hair. A dry scalp would lead to dry hair and breakage, and an oily scalp would leave your hair looking flat . Just like your facial skin, your scalp is prone to acne, flakes and rashes. So, it is vital to keep your scalp healthy.
Always select a shampoo that matches your scalp type, whether it is oily, dry or normal and no matter what your hair type is, whether straight, curly, colored or dry, always finish off with a conditioner. Never apply conditioner on the scalp directly as it will leave it oily or moist that could lead to fungal infections. Always start away from the scalp and work it down your hair. Also use an anti-dandruff shampoo occasionally.
Facial for your head
Massage is such a crucial part of a facial and the same goes for a scalp facial. It can relieve stress, exfoliate your scalp and leave your hair full and lustrous. Oiling, shampooing and any form of massage can increase circulation and improve hair growth. Follow these simple steps for the perfect scalp facial:
- Brush your hair out thoroughly using a natural boar bristle brush.
- Apply your desired oil liberally to dry hair, dividing it into one inch sections and work it till the ends of your hair.
- While shampooing, use little water to work up a lather and massage thoroughly in a circular motion for at least three minutes to completely remove the oil. Make sure to cover the entire scalp.
- Rinse with warm water and repeat shampoo if necessary.
- Apply conditioner if required, rinse well, towel dry and comb your hair out. Blow dry and style as desired.
Follow this regime religiously and be sure to enjoy a clean and healthy scalp and soft, bouncy and shiny hair like never before. This is also the perfect way to enjoy a relaxing and rejuvenating hairdressing experience at home.