When Your Look Needs Serious Help – Try a Simple Hair Makeover
When you take on the idea of a ”hair makeover,” what comes to mind? Lopping off lots of hair? Radically changing your color? Or some other scary change that involves long-lasting results? A hair makeover doesn’t need to involve a major alteration to your locks to be effective. Often the best hair makeovers only require small, subtle changes. A simple change in the way you part your hair, adding or altering layers, cutting in or growing out bangs, or the addition of dimensional color, will do the trick.
A hair makeover is one of the easiest ways to revitalize your look and lift your spirits! If you want to add some volume to hair that’s become and flat and boring; hide annoying flaws; or highlight your best features; here are some small ways you can totally freshen up your look!
DEEP SIDE PARTS
- Who is it Best For: Straight or wavy hair, medium to long lengths, Round, Heart, Square & Oval Face Shapes.
- How to Style: Apply volumizing spray on your roots, focusing on the crown and the left and right of the part. Use a comb to create a clean side part. Allow hair to air dry and style with a large curling iron or blow dry with a round brush.
- Recommended Products: Redken Body Full Volume Spray
FACE FRAMING HIGHLIGHTS
- Who is it Best For: Those who want the highlights without monthly retouches, medium to long lengths, and naturally medium to dark hair.
- How to Style: This hair color looks great with face framing layers. Smooth and straight, or tousled and wavy, this color can be worn in a variety of hairstyles.
- Recommended Products: Kenra Platinum Color Care Shampoo & Conditioner
- Additional Tips: Keep color looking fresh and shiny with hair gloss treatments every 4 to 6 weeks.
- Who is it Best For: Fine to Medium Hair, Oval, Heart, & Oblong Face Shapes
- How to Style: Apply texture cream or beach spray to towel dried hair. Section hair into three or four large braids. Speed up the dry time with a blow dryer, or allow to air dry. Remove braids and enjoy sexy, relaxed waves.
- Recommended Products: Sexy Healthy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray
- Additional Tips: For more bounce, touch up the straighter pieces with a medium to large barrel curling iron.
- Who is it For: Heart, Round, Square, & Oval Face Shapes
- How to Style: For a tousled and sexy bob hairstyle, apply a mousse for volume and texture on towel dried hair. Blow dry the roots for volume and finish off with a dry wax for pieciness.
- Recommended Products: Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam
LONG WISPY BANGS
- Who is it For: Ideal for naturally straight hair, this hairstyle works well on Oblong, Heart & Oval Face shapes.
- How to Style: Comb your bangs forward while the hair is still damp. Blow dry your bangs with a flat or round brush and touch up with a flat iron when completely dry, if needed. Emulsify a tiny drop of shine serum in hands to run through your hair and bangs for control and shine.
- Recommended Products: Enjoy Shine & Smooth
- Additional Tips: For this edgy, wispy bang it’s ideal for a hairdresser to point cut to add texture and reduce bluntness. Also, ask your hair stylist to go on the long side; you can always ask them to go shorter, but they can’t put length back on!
EDGY SHORT (short!) STYLES
- Who is it For: All hair types; Face Shapes that are Heart & Oval.
- How to Style: Apply a volumizing gel or mousse on your towel dried hair. Use a blow dryer on the roots to create volume and movement. Use a dry wax spray on the tousled style. Use your fingers to create additional volume and style.
- Recommended Products: KMS Hair Play Dry Wax
Sometimes the best road to achieving a fabulous new hair makeover is to change hairstylists. Let’s face it, sometimes you and your stylists can get in a rut after several years. That doesn’t necessarily mean your present hairstylist is incompetent, it just happens that the two of you can tend to move towards each others thinking until there isn’t and objective viewpoint any longer. By making a change in your hairstylist you automatically will have at least one of you who looks at you with fresh eyes. To help in that regard you might want to check out Barb’s article The Smart Girl’s Guide to Changing Hair Stylists.
Powered by Versicherungsvergleich